I want to give a huge bloggy shout of THANK YOU!!! to a couple of wonderfully generous and fabulously talented bloggers who have nominated me for, not one, but two awards! Plus, I get to share with you my nominees - some favorite bloggers that I think you will really enjoy getting to know!
A little while ago, I was fortunate enough to be invited to join a terrific group of creative women, and a few men, called THE BLOPPY BLOGGERS. Their support, encouragement, humor, and knowledge in just incredible. Blogging can be lonely from time to time, but this community is funny, active, and eager to help in any way they can.
I really count myself lucky to have been invited into this group and I'm sure if you are interested, they would love to welcome you, too!
Cyndi Calhoun, the talented photographer behind one of my absolute favorite blogs, PICTIMILITUDE, is the lovely lady who not only invited me to join Bloppy Bloggers, but also the one who nominated me for The Gargie Award!
TA-DA!!! (Insert Ooohs and Aahhhhs here)
OK, this award rocks, I gotta admit it. I Gargoyles!
Cyndi, thanks so much for giving me this award. I am honored to be a Gargoyle and I vow to proudly hunch over the corner of my roof and scare away rodents and small children!
These are the Gargoyle Award rules:
- Display the award badge on your site.
- Publish a post to inform the world of your great achievement.
- Nominate some fellow bloggers (who have been outstanding in their field or perhaps who you admire).
- Indicate to your nominees that they have received the award… provided you have completed step three.
I have placed the badge in the Award section to the right. So, Rule 1 - check!
You are reading this post. Rule 2 - check!
Here is my list of nominated bloggers. These are some fun, creative people! I promise, any of these blogs that you visit will be entertaining, inspiring, and maybe even just a little crazy! I enjoy the heck out of them and I think you will, too!
- Denyse @ My Crazy Beautiful Life
- Michael @ An Old and Cranky Gamer
- Chris @ I Work Off The Clock
- Christy @ Poetic Parfait
- Michele @ Sweet-Heart
So, there are my nominees for The Gargie Award! Rule 3 - check! (I will, of course, be letting them know they have been selected as fellow Gargoyles, so let's just check off Rule 4 while we are at it, shall we?)
OK, on to Award #2 - The Versatile Blogger Award!
My thanks for this award goes out to Ruchira Khanna at Abracabadra! Thank you, Ruchira! It really means a lot to me that you thought my blog deserved this!
As you might have guessed, The Versatile Blogger award comes with its own set of rules, which are as follows:
- Thank the blogger who bestowed this award.
- Add the Versatile Blogger Award to your post and site.
- Nominate other bloggers that are deserving of the award.
- Let them know you nominated them.
- Tell 7 interesting facts about yourself.
Rule 1 - check!
Rule 2 - check!
I think I picked a great selection versatile bloggers for my nominees. There is someone here for every niche. I hope you'll check them out! My list of nominees are:
- Evelyn @ My Turn for Us
- Judy @ Cranberry Morning
- Linda @ Flibbertigibbet Scribbles
- Mark @ The Clean Life
- Amanda @ Daily Questionable Choices
Rule 3 - check! (And I'll let them know, too, so check off Rule 4)
OK, 7 interesting facts about myself, hun? Well, I did that long post with all the weird facts about me, but I guess for this one, I have to come up with another seven? OK, here goes...
- I like freezer smell. Like the old freezers that you had to defrost? Or those big old ones in the grocery store? Yeah, that smell. I will open the freezer doors, stick my head in, and take a big ol' whiff.
- I don't like bananas or raisins. One is like eating nasty baby food. The other is like eating bugs. I know bananas are good for you. That's why I have spent my children's entire childhoods lying to them about how fantastic bananas are.
- My mother was a hoarder and I kept it a secret as a kid. I watch the shows Hoarders and Buried Alive all the time, because I actually find it comforting to see that it is a diagnosed condition now.
- I don't blog on weekends. It's my rule. If I happen to be online, I'll jump into a quick link party or blog hop, but weekends are family time and that's sacrosanct. If I can't grow my blog during the week, then I guess it just won't grow.
- I drink the cheapest Lambrusco wine I can find. To be honest, the closer it is to boozed up Kool-Aid, the better I like it.
- I've been the cookie sale mom for my daughter's Girl Scout troop for three years and I hate it. I just love my daughter a lot and our troop leader is a wicked funny chick who basically strong-armed me into it.
- I'm a textbook Scorpio. I'm the Good, the Bad, and the What-The-Heck?!?!?! of the definition of the sign. I don't read my horoscope or anything, but it's definitely weird how much that sign is a true representation of me.
Rule 5 - check!
Once again, thank you SO MUCH, Cyndi and Ruchira, for thinking of my little old blog when you were nominating people for these awards. I really do appreciate it!